Monday, February 21, 2011

From My Sewing Basket....A Too Cute Jumper


Dearest Readers,

I wanted to share with you a very cute jumper pattern from Favorite Things....it is part of the Violets R Blue Collection ...


I really took a chance by ordering this pattern as it was $14.00, but I could not be more pleased.  It is very simple to sew and the fit is exact (do keep in mind to use their measurement chart). The charming back tabs give the jumper a little shape, but it is not fitted...I wanted just that look. 

So....here is yours truly.....


I used bias tape around the neck and armholes instead of the facings...unfortunately, it is black bias tape and does not show up against my black turtleneck.  I think the bias tape gives the jumper a very vintage look. 
(Do forgive the hat, but it is such a blustery day and Dearest and I have errands to attend to in town.)


Simple little black buttons adorn the front and I have two buttons on the tab in back (I just couldn't get a good picture of them...sorry).  Now, this is among the first of the jumpers I made and I was quite simple in my adornments....but fear not Dear Reader, I am working on a few right now that are loaded with trim and buttons and such. I am determined to add Victorian/Edwardian elegance to my daily clothing, without looking like I am in a play!


I am ready to step out-of-doors and enjoy the day! (Coat was a thrift store find and I just love the velvet collar and cuffs.)

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

8 comments:

Tiff said...

Very Cute! I love the fabric you chose. I can also picture it done in a wool or flannel plaid for some warmth.
I have a vintage coat from a thrift store too, but I need to loose some inches before I can wear it :) I'm hoping it fits perfectly next winter.

Kimberly said...

So sweet! Just like you!

Mrs. Bee said...

What a lovely frock! I think the tiny buttons add a sweet touch to the fabric!
(I happen to like your hat!)
Looking forward to seeing your other projects :)

simply Maria said...

This is a lovely jumper indeed!

I have seen this pattern...and yes, the price is a bit steep - but well worth it :)

Maria.

Heritage Farmgirl said...

Very nice Shan. I made a Victorian dress for one of my daughters a few years ago using the same fabric. Nice to see you posting.

Barbara said...

Oh that is really cute, I have one almost like and just love it, so very comfortable, and so modest too, thanks for sharing, Barbara

Joy said...

I just found your blog via Maria. I'm so glad to see a photo of this jumper made up! I've had this pattern for a year or more and I've not made it yet (I'm nursing my baby still so I've been wearing more "nursing friendly" clothing). Your jumper looks lovely.

Farmhouse Dreams said...

Where do you buy this pattern.. can you tell me what sizes does it come in? Its adorable!