Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Few Photos.....


Dearest Readers,

There were fire crews here today...still watching and working a few fire lines...the smoke billowed from time to time...we could hear the SEAT planes and helicopters throughout the day....



Dearest and I did go into town to have lunch and we went to Hobby Lobby so that I could get a few craft supplies.  I wanted to put a sign down at the end of our road to thank all the crews that have kept us safe.


It was double-sided so that it was more visible to the traffic from either direction....not too fancy, but heartfelt.

I also wanted to pick-up a few frames to make a small gift to take to each of  the family homes...


I made these on my computer in different colors for each household and printed a little gift card....


I have started to unload the car and put pictures back on the wall....I have shed tears of thankfulness and offered up countless prayers of gratitude to the One who kept us safe. 

While we are out of danger, the fire continues to burn and the firefighters continue to battle the blaze, mostly by air and by hand...they are in my prayers.

Again, thank you for all your concern, kind words and prayer....I am humbled by your outpouring of love.

I am looking forward to returning to the gentle art of homekeeping....it will be even more of a blessing to me than ever before.

Yours so kindredly,
Shan


5 comments:

M. said...

Praising Our Lord with you...!

M.

Anonymous said...

Praising the Lord for your safety! ~lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks be! So happy to know you all are safe.....and your homes, too! Prayer is powerful! (and firefighters are the best!)

villarosa said...

How delighted I am as I read your post! RELIEVED & GRATEFUL are your bywords I'm sure!! God certainly answered all our prayers in affirmative! Blessings for you, yours, and neighbors!

Anonymous said...

I love that saying in your picture frames. Where can I get it>