Monday, March 21, 2011

Fire Update...It Isn't Over Yet

Dearest Readers,

Thank you for all your comments and prayers, they mean so much to me.

We personally received a reverse 911 call advising us to be prepared to evacuate.  We are ready to leave, just watching and praying that is will not be necessary.  Dearest and our oldest Darling Boy are at home and they have just double checked the big pump up at our pond...we can use it to pump water down by our house if need be.

The wind is gusting near 40mph and is blowing more towards our property...the smoke is quite terrible at times.

The fire was at over 700 acres this morning...I am sure it is quite a bit bigger now. I can't seem to find an accurate update via our local news.

Keep us in your prayers,
Shan

P.S. It is funny what runs through your mind at a time like this....I was glad that my house was clean and in good order....isn't that odd?

3 comments:

Trish @ Lily-Rose Cottage said...

Oh my! Yes, of course prayers will be ascending for you and your neighbours!!
Keep safe, shan.
God bless..Trish

M. said...

Oh Shan....keeping in prayer dear one. Stay calm...I know, I know this is going to be hard. But remember that Our Lord is with you through all of this.

M.

happy momma said...

Praying for you here. Keep safe!