Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fire Update...Our House Is Still Standing!

Dearest Readers,

Just a quick note to let you know that we are still here....there is still a fire, there were firefighters here all day, digging fire lines and taking water from our pond in the helicopter bucket.  There are night crews patrolling the hills around the burn area watching for flare-ups.  The fire has spread to 1200 acres and is now about 25 percent contained.  The wind is gusting over 75mph tonight. 

We are tired....

We are grateful....

We are blessed.....

Thank you for your prayers, I KNOW that HE hears them and HE is keeping us in the palm of HIS hand!

I will update you tomorrow...we were on the local news and I will try and find a link to the footage if I can.  I took some pictures today, but all my camera accessories are in the car (we are still ready to leave if we have to) and I am just too tired to go and get them.

Praying we will sleep tonight...

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

P.S. No houses have been lost...it was close last night but they did a back-burn and saved two houses...FIREFIGHTERS...they are special!

3 comments:

Stephane said...

The local news (colorado springs) was talking about the fire, made me think of you. Keeping you in our prayers and yes firefighters are special and can do some uncanny things.

Anonymous said...

Still praying here...~lisa

Zucchinimom said...

We are in Colorado Springs and the wind has been absolutely wicked. Praying that all the homes and people stay safe. God bless firefighters...praying for safe nights ahead!