Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day on the Homestead......


Dearest Readers,

Tomorrow will be Mother's Day and I will have all my (not so) little chicks home to roost for the day... truly a blessing.  We will spend a glorious day together savoring each other's company and the expected sunshine along with a delicious meal of grilled steak (a rare treat indeed), potato salad, corn and something decadent for dessert.

I always ask for bedding plants for Mother's Day as I just love the cottage charm of pots and planters spilling over with beautiful blooms.  I decided upon snapdragons this year along with some vinca and potato vine to fill in my pots...so old-fashioned and sweet. I also will have a few geraniums in a very pretty pink that will look nice with our new paint color (which as of this moment is still not finished, I am sad to report).

I truly love to be here on our old homestead with the ones that I love, tying hearstrings and making cherished memories..... it is the best present in the world.

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

P.S. I know that for so many of you this is such a bittersweet day...you are in my prayers.

2 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Have a blessed day my friend. You are precious.

My daughter married into a family who have steaks and lobster every Mother's Day (they live in New England so lobster is on the menu).

I believe that tradition was started so the men could do at least part of the cooking. My son-in-law and his dad are both grill masters. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Shan,

So kind of you to acknowledge that Mother's Day is bittersweet for many. Surely that is appreciated by those who are remembering losses.

Thank you