Friday, June 10, 2011

The Package has Arrived!......


Dearest Readers,

My package arrived and just look at the set of china that was gifted to me by my sweet Auntie and her Daughter!  The china is Noritake in the Mabel pattern and there are twelve full place settings along with various serving pieces.  You better believe I am just over the moon.


The china was purchased by a GI stationed in Japan, at the behest of my Grandma as a gift for my Aunt...she just had to trust his judgement as to the pattern....Why, I'd say he had wonderful taste!


My Auntie has always been a gracious hostess, not mention a superb cook and these dishes have provided many years of loyal service.  I hope that I can live up to the standards that they are used to, otherwise, there could be a mutiny in my china cupboard!


I want to thank my Auntie for thinking of me, and my sweet Cousin for all her painstaking effort into seeing that the dishes arrived safely....I am so honored to be the steward of this fine gift.

I have wanted a set of china for almost 29 years now, but nothing ever spoke to my heart or seemed just right...isn't it just like HIM, who knows our hearts and cares about even the simple things like pretty china, to bless us in unexpected ways!

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

9 comments:

Isabella and Dorinda said...

Shan, I love the china. You will make wonderful new memories with them. God Bless. Isabella

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I have never seen that Noritake pattern, it is gorgeous!

My wedding china is Noritake and it was so expensive I only ended up with five place settings.

They make the BEST china.

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I am glad you got your china. Could you email me at lencar@cox.net....I would love to ask you the details on how they did it so it came in one piece. I have china coming from my aunt and I have no idea what to do...thanks

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Amy Ellen said...

Such a lovely pattern. How blessed you were.
Hugs
Amy

Suzanne said...

What a lovely heirloom gift! Oh the fine meals you will serve:-)

Gina said...

Thank you! I've spent a few pleasant afternoons this past week reading and enjoying your photos. You have inspired me so. And while I'll have to go slowly as I am in the midst of raising three active granddaughters (11, 10 & 8), I do plan to start. I work in my home (daycare) and want it to be beautiful too. First on the agenda is my pantry! :)

Jo said...

What beautiful china! I love how delicate the pattern is - pretty without being over-fussy. Hope you have lots of wonderful meals using it.

happy momma said...

Lovely! What a beautiful gift.