Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Tucked-In Season.....


Dearest Readers,

I write this missive ensconced in my favorite flannel robe which is layered snugly over long-johns... wool stockings upon my feet.  A blazing fire in the woodstove and a hot cup of tea are keeping me company.  'Tis the "Tucked-In Season"....my favorite time of year to be certain.

I have slowly been transforming our little home into a cozy chipmunk's nest complete with heavy velvet curtains adorning windows and piles of warm throws upon settees and chairs.  As Eventide draws near, the curtains are drawn against the chill of the night and we are, once again, cocooned inside our snug cottage.


I think that I feel more "at home" during this time of year than any other.  It is such a joy to put the kettle on, simmer soup, bake bread and pies and cakes while the clouds gather and the snow swirls. I adore the contentment in my heart as I ponder my heavy laden fruit cellar and pantry...summer's work is winter's blessing.


Evenings spent in my easiest of easy chairs, Dearest nearby, hand-work of one kind or another to keep my hands busy...such comfort and delight.  The night descends upon us so much earlier now, gently pushing us indoors, closer together, love gathered under one roof...so much happiness.

The"Tucked-In Season" has come again....joy of joys!

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

3 comments:

Miss Sandra said...

How beautifully you describe the season of comfort and how you enjoy it! Tis my favorite time of year and I too have been preparing my nest for the comforts the season brings. May you enjoy it and may bliss find you each and every day! xo
Sandra

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

A friend of mine can't understand my recent need to clean and organize everything in the autumn.

I told her it's because I stay inside more in winter (especially since we moved to the country) and I love it to look decluttered as well as beautiful in this season. :)

Good to see you posting more again!

Keeper of the Past said...

I too love to snuggle in this time of year.
Love to heat the kitchen with the oven while baking goodies to serve with the hot soups and hot tea or coffee.
Stay cozy and warm.
I enjoy your blog so much.
Sarita