Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmastide Home Tour 2011....The Back Parlour


Dearest Readers,

The light of day has provided me with ample illumination as I (feebly) try and capture the sunshine as it dances amongst the Christmastide decorations in my Back Parlour.

Remember that all photos are in a smaller format...just click on one and you will be able to view all the pictures in a larger size...


The Christmas tree is sporting new lights as the dear old gal had suffered a lighting malady.  Now, I usually choose white lights, but Dearest and the Darlings have always wanted to experience the beauty of colored lights....so I ventured into new territory...


I immediately loved the new look and decided it was very vintage-nostalgic looking...a la 1940's
Kitchy...fun and cozy!


 Of course, I had to add a few embellishments...popcorn boxes...and


over sized candy ornaments...add to the retro theme!


My soda fountain....Christmastide fun!


Yummy......


Sweet tidings....


Real paper straws...too cute!


Chickens, tea and candy atop my antique incubator....


I just love the roses on this tea set!


little bits of Christmastide tucked in here and there....


pretty cushions for relaxing....


our popcorn popper makes for tasty movie nights....


my easiest of easy chairs...I love tucking-in for the evening!


my side table...a little bit of everything...


a warm fire....


looking down the staircase, which leads to my sewing room...


There you have it Dear Readers...the Back Parlour...a place for my family to gather and relax, especially during this Christmastide season.  I am so enjoying the new Retro-Victorian-Kitchy look! (I am not sure that is actually a decorating style...but it is soooo "me".)

Goodness, I must bid you adieu....the day is waning...thank you ever so much for your company.

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

 

No comments: