Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmastide Home Tour 2011....The Front Bedroom


Dearest Readers,

Welcome, once again....won't you follow me as we take a peek inside the front bedroom (right off the parlour).  This room is not original to the home, but was added long ago when my husband's Great Aunt Lettie could no longer make the journey upstairs.  It proudly served as our family room and my sewing room in years past.  It has come full circle and is a bedroom once more....

(I posted the pictures in a smaller format, so that they would load faster for my readers with dial-up...for a closer look click on any picture and it will make the photographs larger.)

The lovely dresser was found on our trip to Ohio....


A beautiful hand-crocheted towel....


A festive corner....


A seashore inspired tree....


Pretties....from the ocean.....


Nautical ephemera.....


A cozy little built-in desk and bookcase...

Notice the tiny little stove to the left, complete with stockings....and a teapot!


A closer look inside....


Hand stenciled border paper.....


Sea shells, holly and ribbon.....


 Old postcards....my one weakness....

A small room to be sure, but oh, so cozy...it was such a treat to decorate with a nod to the beauty of the seashore. 

As Eventide has drawn near, I must leave you Dear Reader...but join me on December 5th, when we shall venture forth into my Back Parlour.

I look forward to your pleasant company!

Yours so kindredly,
Shan 

2 comments:

simplicityinthemaking said...

Shan I love the colours in this room. I have never liked burgundy but I love the combination of your blue ( my love) and burgundy. Really love the fire screen!!

Vicki said...

I could live in that cozy room! Very beautiful!
Vicki