Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmastide Home Tour 2011...The Middle Bedroom


Dearest Readers,

I don't customarily post on Sunday, but due to some "technical difficulties", I was not able to post yesterday as promised.  I do apologize to any Dear Readers who stopped by for a visit and found that I was not in residence.

Won't you be so kind and join me as we wander upstairs and take a peek inside the Middle Bedroom. This room ventures away from the main colors in my home and sports two shades of turquoise (they are not very true to "real-life" in these pictures) along with gold and a little burgundy.....

(Don't forget that all of the pictures may be viewed in a larger format just by clicking on any picture.)


A nature inspired theme is right at home.....


Little birds add to the whimsy....


This little tree was put together with bits and bobs from my craft room and an obliging tree....


I purchased this fan last spring knowing that it would make a charming tree-topper...


Scrap art....


a little paper, and glitter....


along with some trim, make for easy-peasy ornaments....


a wee shelf.....


another shelf near the ceiling....


an old basin and pitcher....


a cozy fire....


a quiet place....

 
to read a good book....
 

or dream of Spring....


Dearest Readers, I must say goodbye to you and tend to the ingredients for our Sunday supper...just grilled cheese and tomato soup tonight....something simple, as we have been eating a little too often from the groaning board.

Until Wednesday......

Yours kindredly,
Shan 

3 comments:

simplicityinthemaking said...

Love the curtains in this room Shan. Did you make them yourself?

Shan said...

Dearest Simplicityinthemaking,

I made the panel in the middle, but the other curtains came from the discount store...never underestimate ready-made items...it is sometimes so easy to transform them into something Victorian.

Thank you so kindly for your visit and comment!

Yours so kindredly,
Shan
Honey Hill Farm

Kim said...

Dear Sister,
It makes me wistfully homesick to see all the goodies from the past set up so beautifully in your lovely home! I wish I could be there to share Christmas with you all! Nice that I can visit from right here in Arkansas...Love to you!
(sniff)
Your Little Sister