Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmastide Home Tour 2011....The Entryway and Parlour


Dearest Readers,

Another beautiful day here in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.... snow....lovely falling snow.  It is a welcoming sight...drawing all towards home...cozy fires and cups of tea....a perfect day for visiting!
Won't you kindly step over the threshold and join me in a tour of my Victorian home...Christmastide is here and all are welcome...

Let us start in the Entryway.....

(This is a photo laden post...I posted them in a smaller format to make loading faster...
Please click on pictures for a larger view.)
Bits and bobs of my Santa collection...
A place for the daily news...adorned for the season....
Lovely lantern catching the light of day...
Mistletoe...so old-fashioned....
A view from the top of the stairs....
Stained glass in the afternoon light...
A jaunty wreath....
Sweet treats....
Touches of greenery....
St. Nicholas...
A cherished collection...

And now let us gather in the Parlour....
My tabletop tree has pride of place...
My Currier & Ives village under the tree...very traditional and so enjoyable to create...
(I have gifted my Darling Girl some of the houses in my collection...she is so clever, I can't wait to see her interpretation of a long-ago Christmastide.)
The little shelf on the parlour table was a perfect fit for the village gazebo...
My Bye-Lo baby (handmade by my Mother) celebrates from her high-chair....
A turn of the century postcard.....
Mouse House Christmastide....
Away in the Manger....
I have a tender spot....
For old postcards....
The Holly and the Ivy...
A wee movie theater...
Sprigs of the season...
A Christmas shelf....
Blue and White for every season...
My dear Great-Gran....
A festive Victrola...
Tinsel abounds....

Well, dear Readers, the time has come for us to part....

As I have so enjoyed your company, I wish to invite you to join me on December 3rd and we will continue the Christmastide Home Tour.


Yours so kindredly,
Shan

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I am home with a respiratory and ear infection and it is so soothing to visit your home. Thank you for such peaceful comforting posts.
Vicki

Sharon said...

Shan,

Your home looks beautiful. Not only that, coming here to visit your home on the net is so very peaceful and tranquil.

Have a Beautiful CHRISTmas season!

Sharon