Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmastide Home Tour 2011....The Children's Room


Dearest Readers,

Today we venture upstairs to the first bedroom, affectionately know as The Children's Room....
The tea table is set for a St. Nicholas tea...
A sweet little pup perched upon a tuffet.....
Christmastide wishes.....
A tiny tree tucked into an old doll's cradle....
Mending dolly....
A roller skate with sewing spool wheels....
Miss Goldie and one of my most beloved antique photographs.....
Anyone for baked marbles?.....
Peeking into the nursery (just off the bedroom)....
Baby booties....
A cozy place for baby to rest.....
Bedtime lovies....
A rattle for baby....
Dearest's boyhood stocking made by his Great Auntie.....

Long johns...in need of ironing....

 Wee toys....

Tender memories....

This little bedroom, complete with nursery, is one of my favorite rooms in our home, I especially enjoy decorating it for Christmastide.  Treasured memories of my own childhood as well as those of my sweet Darlings are brought to my mind and my heart. 

I hope that you have had a peaceful and gentle visit this afternoon Dear Readers, and perhaps you too, will remember a Christmastide long, long ago.

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

P.S.  Please do stop by for a visit on Saturday, December 10th, when we shall stroll through another upstairs bedroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very lovely. i read often but rarely comment. :)