Friday, February 3, 2012

Crafty Snowy Day.......



Dearest Readers,

You may have heard about the snowstorm blanketing the entire front range here in Colorado.....



I can give a first-hand report that the predicted snowfall amounts are entirely true...and it is still snowing......

What's a Lady to do?

Stay tucked inside and craft, of course!

First, I wanted to share my St. Valentine's Day decorations for my jelly cupboard out on my front porch....


Jars-O-Love...

I used vintage blue Ball canning jars (my one weakness...and...the color matches some of the trim I painted on my Victorian home this summer!)

I purchased little heart ornaments at Hobby Lobby....

added some pretty moss and a ribbon.... 

and put them inside a wonderful old wire basket...

(Even though the jelly cupboard is tucked under the eaves of the porch, I still have to be careful to only put things that are somewhat weather-proof)

You can see the rest of the decorations in the picture at the very top of this post...

Next, I turned my attention to a few wearables that I wanted to embellish...


Now, you may be surprised to see a sweatshirt amongst my clothing...as I do strive to dress rather vintage/Victorian on a daily basis...but I like to have something in my wardrobe that I can wear when attending to messy chores here on the homestead....paired with a turtleneck, tights and a jean skirt, it looks rather charming and is practically indestructible...

I just printed some favorite ephemera from my personal collection and ironed them on using an ink-jet transfer for dark backgrounds...


I am using beads and will add embroidered flourishes to add a little bit o' something...


Now, I think it is time to have something warm to drink, stoke the fire and close the drapes against the cold....dinner will be easy-peasy....leftover spaghetti

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

It is all delightful! I love the jars.

Sharon said...

Good Day Shan :)

I LOVE the Jars-o-Love! Very sweet!
Hmmm, I think that you got some of our snow here in SW Colorado, we were expecting 4 inches but alas we have none :)

Enjoy that blanket of snow, just beautiful!

have a blessed evening!
Sharon

Keeper of the Past said...

Happy crafting today! We are getting much needed rain.
I too love blue fruit jars in all sizes...cute!
You inspire me with your beautiful blog.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

What great ideas (as usual). :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas, I love the sweatshirt idea,that sounds like something my little granddaughter and I could do on a weekend.I have a weakness for blue jars also.And elderly aunt sweetly gifted me with some she has had for as far back as I can remember, but I never would have thought of doing something so pretty with them.I love your blog, you always inspire me and cheer my day.Blessings to you and your family.~Gayle~

Storybook Woods said...

I have to say your jars of love, is a brillant and simple idea. My favorite kind. I will pin this for next year. Thank you for sharing. Clarice