Thursday, April 12, 2012

On my Soapbox!



Dearest Readers,

I am not one to post my political views here on my blog...but I must take a moment to climb atop my soapbox and share this with you....

A strategist for the DNC, Hillary Rosen, decided that it was appropriate to condemn Mrs. Romney on CNN for her choice to stay home and raise her five sons.  Yes, she thought that it was akin to "not working a day in her life".  Oh, really?

Mrs. Romney has responded, in a gentle and ladylike manner, in this video.

One might think that the National Organization for Women might want to step-in and defend Mrs. Romney's right to choose how to live her life and be treated with respect....because she is a woman, after all, and they always like to claim that they represent women from all walks of life.

Oh, wait a minute, the only choice they defend is the right to live the way they deem appropriate....any other path is treated with disdain, disgust and degradation. 

We sure have come a long way baby....

I am now going to step-off of my soapbox, dust my self off and go do something really useless, like looking after my family....that ought to make 'em mad!

Yours kindredly and slightly ruffled,
Shan



7 comments:

Amanda said...

AMEN!Couldn't have said it any better!

Amanda
Matthew 6:33

Isabella and Dorinda said...

I'm glad that I am a SAHHM. I didn't do a thing all day. ;) Have a blessed day. "Isabella"

Anonymous said...

Well said!

D/NY

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen! Loved this post. I love your blog! I've been meaning to leave a thought for some time now to let you know how much I enjoy it. Blessings, Marie

The Youngs said...

Bravo! This is exactly how so many of us feel. I raised and homeschooled 3, working hard every single day.
God Bless,
Judy

Anonymous said...

I, too, was very ruffled by the comment about Mrs. Romney not working a day in her life. The term, "working mother" meaning only those mothers who work outside the home, has always made me angry, as I also raised 5 children as a farm wife, and part of the time as a single parent when my husband was away from home with his job. Every mother is a working mother, whether inside the home or outside the home. Thanks for your post on this topic, Shan.

Kim said...

You have always been the hardest working mother I know, dear sister! And thanks for sticking up for all of us mothers---working in the home, out and all around! Mrs. Romney handled it with decorum, like a real woman should, by the way...keep up the great Blog!
Your little sis.