Monday, May 7, 2012

On This Rainy Day.....

Looking out my entryway window.....

Dearest Readers,

We are blessed with a rainy day today....so needed here in the arid southwest....you won't hear a true Coloradan complain about moisture, no matter when or how it arrives.  So I am spending a quiet day snuggled inside my sweet Victorian home....

My mudroom....painted dark blue to hide....well, mud!

I am going to work on my long-neglected blog, some simple sewing for the greenhouse (curtains to skirt the potting benches), and a bit of reading....


and of course, a cup of tea to while away the drizzly afternoon.....

From the back porch looking towards the garden....(should you be curious, those white lines are my clothesline)

I hope to be back in the garden by midweek, although I will wait until closer to the end of the month to plant my tomatoes and peppers....we have had snow as late as June here in the foothills!

I am working on adding a few new blogs to my sidebar, hoping that these fine ladies will inspire you in your homekeeping pursuits.

Next week we are planning two outings...

First, we will be attending the Self-Reliance Expo in Colo. Springs.  Never having attended such an event, we are sure to come away with bundles of information about living the self-reliant lifestyle. I will take my camera (if pictures are allowed) and report back to you, my dear readers.

Second, we are going to one of our favorite events...The Strawberry Festival Antique Show at the Boulder County fairgrounds in Longmont, Colorado. Lots of wonderful booths...I am looking for a hand cranked grain mill, doilies, tablecloths and kerosene lamps (and a fitter shade for one of my lamp rings).  I don't think pictures are allowed, but I can share my treasures with you in an upcoming post.

Tonight, we will be feasting on Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (on homemade wheat bread...yum) along with piping hot Tomato Soup....this is always our "go to" meal when we are blessed with a rainy, drizzly evening.  It truly is the simplest of things that bring us joy!

Yours so very kindredly,
Shan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! That soup/sandwhich sounds wonderful. We're having meatloaf on this drizzly evening. It'll provide the makings of some nice sandwhiches tomorrow. Glad to see you back. I always enjoy your posts. Can't wait to see what you bring home from your antiquing trip.
Oh, and I like that red valance with the tassel. Did you make it?
D/NY

simplicityinthemaking said...

Always love it when you pop into your blog. As always beautiful pictures a relaxing visit. It is drizzling out here today. I think I see the grass growing as I type this!But sunny warm days ahead.
Blessings

Anonymous said...

i don't usually comment on blogs but i've been a long time reader and your little barn and garden...heavenly. sigh...:)
joanna in ca.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Yes, I Do agree! Your garden and barn are absolutely beautiful. Very inspiring~ thanks for sharing ~lisa