Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Homestead Ramblings.....


Dearest Readers,

A lovely fall day is here, teasing us with its cooler temperatures and delightful rain!  I donned my favorite checked jumper, navy blue 3/4 sleeve Henley and even navy leggings, before I slipped on my (very Tasha-like) wellies and went outside this morning for chores.

My jumper was wet at least 6 inches up the hem before I came back inside....
 
The day has been chipmunk cozy, tucked inside my lamp lit home.....

 
It did not take much coaxing to spend time sipping tea and making a crockpot supper in my wee little kitchen....
 
 
I do so love the warmth of the pink walls on such a cloudy day....
 


A few fall leaves have been added my everyday decorations to bring in the colors of Fall....
 
 
Even though summer is expected to make its return later this week, I will pretend that Fall has arrived and savor the day.
 
 
Yours so kindredly,
Shan 


5 comments:

a8383 said...

Chipmunk cozy- I love that! Angela

Gayle said...

Everything looks so cozy and pretty.I love the little light in the tiny oven.I have been longing for fall and when I came for a look, you did not disappoint.It was just what I needed to start getting my fall decorations out.Would love to see your checked jumper, it sounds cute.Have a great day, Shan.
Blessings,
Gayle Ferguson

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I've said this before but I love the way you make your house a home!

simplicityinthemaking said...

I love when you share pictures of your home. Just lovely and your photography is wonderful too.

Anonymous said...

i rarely ever comment but i've been reading your lovely blog for several years now-i can't even remember how i first heard of it. i love love love your blog-the cosiness of it, the beauty, the old-fashioned quaintness, your sweet spirit and writings. i would be very sad if you ever stopped. your pictures give me peace, in the midst of a long and chronic health situation. i do not have the energy for a life or home like you have, but i so enjoy them thru the pages of your blog. thank you for taking the time to keep such a lovely home here in the blogosphere.
Joanna in northern Ca.