Saturday, October 20, 2012

Homesteading Store....

 
Dearest Readers,
 
I wanted to share about a wonderful store in the Colorado Springs area....Buckley's Homestead Supply.  Dearest and I drove about 1 1/2 hours south of our little place, just to see it for ourselves...
 
 
As you walk into the charming building you can't help but smile...
 
 
Canning supplies, including Weck jars (the best), aprons, and embroidered linens......
 
 
Grinders, dehydrators, grain mills, spices, cheesemaking supplies along with butter making necessities......
 
 
Soapmaking supplies, including lye, soap molds, laundry soap ingredients, washboards and homemade soaps that smell almost good enough to eat!
 
 
A very diversified book selection that has a good variety of homesteading and self-reliant living titles, and there are homesteading magazines at the register...
 
You can also buy chicken feed and chicken supplies in the back of the store.
 
This store has only been open a short while and the owners are planning to keep adding to their inventory...I can't wait....it is so nice to be able to see and touch items before making a purchase.
 
We didn't leave the store empty handed, I bought 2 soap molds...one will mold the soap with a beautiful rooster on the top and one that makes up 8 bars with the word "handmade".  I also bought a top that goes onto a canning jar and makes it a travel mug (you just add jar and ring)!Lastly, I purchased a Christmas present for our Darling Girl (since she reads this blog, I will keep that to myself).
 
We also were able to get a good look at a Wondermill Jr Hand Mill....taking some measurements so that we can decide if that is indeed the mill that will entice us to open up our pocketbook.
 
How exciting to see homesteading becoming a way of life for so many!
 
 
Yours kindredly,
Shan
 
 
 



2 comments:

simplicityinthemaking said...

Wow Shan what a find. I would love to have something like that here. We have wonderful Hardware stores up here with original Mennonite roots, but then have become like any hardware store that you would need to order in any of these hand machines. I love the way the store looks. Well thought out. You should tell the owners you put this on your blog ( which is so pretty) and perhaps get a discount for the advertising. Hope your fall is beautiful where you are.
Marlyn

Mary Ellen said...

What a wonderful looking store! I would love to visit it sometime when I am up in the area- would you happen to know the address so I could put it in my book of places to go to?

Thanks so much!
mary