Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesdays with Tasha....

 
From "Tasha Tudor's Garden" photo by Richard Brown
 
Dearest Readers,
 
Today, I thought I would share my Tasha inspiration for the day....potatoes! As you can see from the photo above, Tasha was a true potato lover.  In the book "Tasha Tudor's Garden", she shares with her readers, "I'm crazy about potatoes - it must be my Irish ancestry"!  Isn't she adorable in her cloak digging her potatoes?
 
Being not only a kindred spirit, but an Irish lass myself, I have to admit that I am quite partial to the potato and have been much occupied with my late season harvest. We grew our spuds in large tubs (with drainage holes) and we were rewarded with quite a few. Of course, we had to find a warm, dark place to let our treasures cure for a short while before we store them in our fruit cellar.  Normally we would allow them to dry in our old coal shed, but the temperatures have been quite chilly overnight and that did not seem to be a very wise choice...hmmmm...where to stash those potatoes?
 
 
Why the middle bedroom, naturally!  After much laughter from our children, this room shall hence be known as the "potato room"....I think that Tasha would approve.  After closing the curtains and shutting the door, this room is just the right temperature, albeit a little bit fancy.
 
Yours so kindredly,
Shan
 
Please note that written permission was granted for the use of the pictures and quotes appearing on my blog from the Tudor family.


 
 


2 comments:

Gina Ritchie said...

I love it! Reminds of the part when Ma Ingalls kept the pumpkins and such upstairs in the loft which was the bedroom for Mary & Laura.

Shelley said...

I am sure your potatoes feel quite special in that beautiful room :) Thats a very good crop...blessings