Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tuesdays with Tasha...On Wednesday

Tasha's stove..bliss
from Tasha Tudor's Heirloom Crafts by Tovah Martin
Photograph by Harry Davis
 
Dearest Readers,
 
I come to you a day late...my apologies.  We are expecting snow here in the foothills and Dearest and I spent the entire day yesterday, working outside winterizing our little homestead.  By the time I stopped for the evening, it was too late and I was bone tired...I think Tasha would understand my late posting.
 
So I will make today my "Tasha Day"......
 
As I mentioned, we are expecting snow and it has become very blustery, with the wind blowing and dark clouds gathering.  A perfect day to spend indoors making things cozy and warm and gathering provisions to store in the fruit cellar. 
 
Just like Tasha, I love to have something simmering on the stove and jars upon jars of goodness ready and waiting to delight my family at mealtime...
 
Tasha's canning jars
from Tasha's Heirloom Crafts by Tovah Martin
Photography by Harry Davis


Dearest will be happy to return to our humble home after a long day traveling out of state.  I have a wonderful green chili stew (a southwestern favorite) and a blazing fire in the woodstove. The house glows with the soft light of kerosene lamps....
 
 

A quiet, peaceful, joyous day in pure Tasha style...
 
Yours kindredly,
Shan
 
Please note that I have received written permission from the Tudor family to post pictues and quotes.
 
 


3 comments:

a8383 said...

Ooooh would love to have that stew recipe! Although it was 80 degrees here today- LOL! Angela

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

It is 80 degrees here, a near record high. It is the second of a three day true Indian Summer so we've been outside getting our place ready for winter.

The deck is almost done, as is the front porch. Everything to do there needs more strength than I have so they are waiting for hubby.

Since really cold weather is coming from the west starting Friday, we will at least have the most important things ready for the cold.

Storybook Woods said...

I love how Tasha your home is. Clarice