Friday, May 30, 2014

Prayers Needed


Dearest Readers,

I was going to post today about all the little things in my cozy life here on Honey Hill Farm.  About alpacas, the garden, some sewing I have planned...just the simple everyday lovelies that make up our lives. And then we received a phone call from out Soldier Son....

A fellow soldier, his first friend in the Army, was killed yesterday in an aircraft accident in Afghanistan.

All the "little things of life" suddenly seemed to stop and fade away...

He was a joyous, sweet, kind, funny, newly married, young man.  His family, his delightful family, is heart-broken and asking to be remembered in everyone's prayers.  They are leaning in and laying down all their grief at His feet...searching for strength.  

If you would be so inclined would you please say a prayer for this family?  (I do not wish to disclose their name here on my blog without their permission.)

Also, all the young men who have served with him are in a state of shock and it would be very uplifting if they might be remembered in your prayers tonight as well.

Kindredly,
Shan

10 comments:

Tiff said...

Prayers to all. My son is a Marine and I can't even begin to think about losing him.

Tiff

Shan said...

Tiff,

I know....it hits those of us with family members in the military in our hearts. There but for the Grace of God...

Thank you for your prayers,
Shan

Sharon said...

Shan,

I am keeping this family in prayer that the Lord would grant them comfort, peace in their heart and the strength that they need day to day. Please thank your son for me for his service to our country.

In His Grace,
Sharon

Sharon said...

Tiff,

Thank you for your son's service as well. My prayers are always with the military for their protection and their families too.

In His Grace,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

So sad..They are all in my prayers..

Nadine said...

Praying.

Anonymous said...

I read this post and will pray too. Grandson is in the Navy. I am so glad the family has Him to go to. It is all so sad but god had a plan in it all. Though now while it is so new it is hard to see around the grief. thanks for telling us about this brave sweet man. Sarah

Judy said...

Just visiting via Brenda at coffeeteabooksandme and want to let this family know I am holding them in prayer at this time of unimaginable grief. May they know the love of Christ as their comfort and His resurrection as their hope of life eternal.

JKaye said...

I'm thinking I checked in here today for this reason, to hear this prayer request. Consider it done. God bless your son and his fellow soldiers too.

Gayle said...

Shan, hoping all is well at your homestead, I keep checking in to see if you have posted any updates.Blessings to you and your family.