Monday, April 27, 2015

Catching Up.......


Dearest Readers,

I have been long away from this lovely spot and thought it high time to sit awhile and visit with you....

We have been tending to our home, garden, critters and most importantly, to our family and friends since the last posting.  Our lives have been a mixture of busyness and serenity with a challenge or two thrown in just to keep it interesting.  Somewhere along that dusty path, I lost my footing and for one reason or another I have not been terribly inspired to write here on my little blog.  Well, that time seems to have passed and I have brushed away the cobwebs and will endeavor to begin this journey again.  I hope you will come along.....


Our greenhouse has been a tremendous source of joy and astonishment, as we are amazed at the variety of plants that not only survive, but thrive.  We have had limes, one orange (we savored it) and beautiful Meyer lemons!  I froze the juice and used the peels to make lemon extract for my Christmas gifts for this year.  Right now we are coaxing little seedlets to make their way into the world so that we may plant them in the garden.  We also have hanging baskets with various herbs, strawberries, cucumbers and zucchinis.  Our tomato finally wore itself out, but we had quite a few this fall and early winter.  I will plant a different variety in the greenhouse for this upcoming winter because it is ever so satisfying to go out and gather a fresh salad while the wind and snow swirl around you!


I have had many enjoyable moments reading during this long winter....here are a few new favorites:

  



I so look forward to planting my garden and getting things ready for canning, drying, freezing and enjoying right from our garden basket!  

Well, I must go and tend the fire...it is a cold, gloomy day...but it will be in the 70's by mid-week...lovely.  I will visit again, and share with you this journey we call homesteading....

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

P.S.  I am NOT an Amazon affiliate and do not receive any financial reward from them for the links above.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have missed you! I love your beautiful little blog and enjoy your pictures and postings. Hope to see more soon and often.
Vicki W.

Nancy said...

I am so glad you posted again as I enjoy your blog.

Simple Pleasure said...

I am thrilled to see you are posting again...I'll be back for another visit, soon!
Happy Spring!!!!
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Tania @ Out Back said...

I am so happy to see you back blogging Shan, I have missed you so.

xTania

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you posting again ! Thank you too for the three book titles. I have read one and now have titles for two more. They are inspiring reading. Speaking of your green house may we see it again? If I remember right it is a real beauty. We have Myers too and I have saved juice also in the tiny take away containers you get at take out places for ketchup etc. They hold just enough juice for one glass and pop in the glass and melt fast. of course an ice cube of juice works like that too. : ) I have a lot of orange and lemon peels also saved for use and also some to give as a present. It is good to hear from you. :) Sarah

Kimberly said...

So good to see you back!!

Kimberly said...

I read The Nourishing Homestead and liked it. BTW-if you're ever out our way we'd loved to see you!!! We have a free guest home. :)