Tuesday, March 22, 2016

News from the Home Front.......



Dearest Readers,

I am writing from our beloved Honey Hill, now our Home Front, as our youngest has deployed to a dangerous part of the world.  I feel a kindred spirit with all the Mothers that have sent their loved ones into harm's way, waiting for a call or letter....anything to assure them that they are safe.

For me, coping means keeping busy, puttering about, hands engaged in one thing or another.  I have been reading various books and blogs, along with watching programs that depict the Home Front from WWI - WWII.  I am in awe of the grit and fortitude displayed by the Blue Star Mothers that have gone before me....determined to be just as brave.  Of course, we are not under a rationing system, nor have I been seconded to work in a factory....there are no domestic deprivations here at home for the modern Army family.  However, one thing remains constant, no matter the era, time or place.....we miss our Soldiers, and pray for their Homecoming!

I have decorated our little cottage in a Patriotic theme and will keep it thus until our Soldier Boy returns home.  I am "borrowing" images, ideas and even recipes from the past...kindredly standing shoulder to shoulder in my own creative (admittedly unusual) way.....






Keeping the home fires burning, and praying for his safe return,
Shan







6 comments:

Kim said...

Just like you to keep those "home fires burning till Matthew comes marching home"! We are praying with you each and every day, and send our best wishes. Stiff upper lip, my dear sister...I can't imagine what you are going through, but I can imagine the worry and at times...fear. God has him in His hands...
Love,
Your Little Sister

Anonymous said...

Just checked this blog to find a new post from you today-wow, good timing. :)Joanna in Ca.

Simple Pleasure said...

You and your family will be in my prayers...
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Tania said...

I love coming to visit your lovely blog Shan.

Praying that God will protect your family through this time, and bring your blessed son home safely to your arms.

I can understand why you are keeping busy, it really does help.

There is a lovely blog call gDonna generations before us, and she lives her life like its the 1940's, I think you would enjoy it. http://gdonna.com/

God Bless,

xTania

Rose of Sharon said...

I am so glad you stopped by my blog. I pray your son is safe. God bless him and you for his service to our country.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Just stopped in to check on you, haven't seen you post a blog in awhile. I pray all is well with you and want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Vicki W.